Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Out the mouths of babes

A few Max musings of late . . .

From dinner tonight:

John: "Is this dressed?" (referring to the salad in his hand)
Me: "Yes."
Max: "I dressed too."


From dinner a few weeks ago:

Me: Burp.
Pause
Max: (looking right at me with a stern look on his face) "WHAT say, Mama!"
Me: "Excuse me."


In the van tonight:

Me: "What are you going to put out for Santa?"
Max: "Grapes. I like grapes. Santa like grapes?"
Me: "Yes, Max. What else?"
Max: "Peppers. Peppers and dip."
Me: "Anything else?"
Max: "Toast. Nice plate Santa."


By dip, Max means hummous. I guess Santa gets filled up on cookies and milk elsewhere and is looking for some variety at our place.

In other news, Leo is rolling over! For real this time. I know that I reported that earlier on this blog but it didn't happen again after that one instance until the last few days. He is now rolling over consistently when he is on a flat surface. When I went in to his room to get him this morning, he had rolled over in his crib. Crazy. I can't believe that he will be six months old in a few weeks and starting on solid food. Really crazy.

Update on my hickey: It is still there. It looks like a faint bruise today. I showed it to a friend and she asked if someone had hit me! Not quite.

1 comment:

JennB said...

Every time I read your blog it makes me smile or laugh or both. Thanks so much for the effort that you two make to maintain this communication. I know in your busy house it's no small feat. I love you guys and those little boys too.