Monday, December 14, 2009

My heart just melted

Today was a crazy busy day with lots of activity (my mum and Auntie Karen moved into their new home) and not very much time to reflect but Max just melted my heart to a big puddle. John had put Max to bed and come downstairs to join Leo and I but then we heard from the basement that Max was out of his bed (a very rare occurrence). I went up to check on him and he asked for some juice. I got him some juice then crawled into bed with him for a few bedtime songs. He crawled on top of me, gave me a big hug and said "I love you". It is the very first time he has ever said it to me. It took me a few moments to recover! He can certainly drive us crazy these days with his energy and stubbornness but moments like this make it all worth it. Off to bed to fuel up for another day . . .

No comments: