Sunday, December 6, 2009

Auntie Karen shakes her booty!

Tonight's post has nothing to do with either of my offspring but is still family-related so I'm going for it. This post is long overdue; I meant to post this video in June after I got back from San Francisco but the move to the new house and Leo's early arrival meant that I never did post very much from San Fran.

On our second day in town, we spent a lovely morning wandering around Chinatown (the largest outside of Asia). We found this wonderful fortune cookie factory and watched women hand fold warm cookies around fortunes and snacked on the still flat reject cookies that they gave away for free. You could buy fortune cookies with naughty fortunes but the man in charge refused to sell any to me for some reason. He loved Auntie Karen and kept pressing flat cookies to her cheeks and kissing her. Very interesting. They also made chocolate fortune cookies which I had never seen before. Auntie Jan and I discovered this little tea shop and enjoyed a wonderful tea tasting. We also saw a beautiful funeral procession for a long-time resident and well-known businessman wind its way through the streets. Then we rounded a corner to see a shop open to the street with all sorts of fancy chairs and other gadgets. The star attraction at the front of the store was something called the Hula Chair. We were all curious and I went to give it a whirl but the staff ran over and let me know with various signs and body language that I was not to try the chair due to my pregnancy. I really wanted to see how it worked and I begged everyone to try it. I thought that no one was going to do it but then Auntie Karen stepped up to the plate! Here is the result:


I love how you can here us all giggling in the background. Three cheers to Auntie Karen for making me smile that day and being such a good sport! It was one of the highlights of my trip.

No comments: