Monday, December 7, 2009

I'll fix you

So tonight was a good night. Swimming. A good dinner. A visit with a friend from Trent. Kids in good moods. Until I put Max to bed. I put him on the ground to get him out of his clothes and he hugged me tight...and then chomped me on the collarbone. We've had words with Max before about biting - he tends to only do it when he's really, really excited - so I let him know that he was in big trouble. I put him into bed and he started crying. I looked him in the eye and made it quite clear that biting was bad and that he shouldn't do it again. The rest of the conversation went like this:

"Now what are you going to do to fix this?"

"Uhh...screwdriver?"

(Dad, stunned, goes and retrieves the Bob the Builder plastic screwdriver)

"Fix you?" (Max touches screwdriver to my collarbone) "There".

Seriously, what do you do after that?

1 comment:

marni said...

a blog post, i think.