Sunday, November 4, 2007

Just a Perfect Day...

Unlike Lou Reed's, we didn't drink sangria in the park, but we still had a good one. When the three of us got home from World Trivia Night on Friday, Max was pretty cranky as it was past his bedtime by about an hour. We were worried that this might have an impact on his sleep, but we fed him and got him in to bed by 11:30 with our fingers crossed. Holly was feeling the wear and tear of nursing Max while nursing me through my sickness so we made a deal that in the morning, once he was up, I would take him for a good long walk to give her another hour or so of sleep.

We wake up to feed Max at 4:00 - already this is a little longer than usual for a first sleep so we were pretty happy during that feed. Holly said that she would likely take him into bed with her and feed him there the next time around so I was allowed to sleep through the second feeding. I kind of came to around 6:30 or so and heard Max crying, so he was right on par with the second sleep of about an hour and a half. When I came to again, it was 10:00 and I thought to myself "uh-oh - Max fed/slept poorly in the morning and Holly had to take him downstairs. I can't believe Holly let me sleep." So I got my robe on and went to go downstairs when I noticed Holly was still in bed. With Max. Weird. So I got back into bed and checked my email, etc. until 10:15 when Holly woke up, pretty groggy. Apparently, when Max went to bed again at 7:00 and a bit, he slept right through until 10:00. So out of ten and a half hours through the night, we were actually able to sleep for almost nine, which is unheard of.

This was just the start of a great day. I made Holly some blueberry pancakes (by the way PC Buttermilk > Aunt Jemima any day!) and we watched a bit of TV before setting out on a nice walk through the hood. Max snoozed on me in the sling until we got home. Holly got together with some girlfriends after feeding him and had a super time catching up, playing pass-the-baby and yakking about things in the world other than Max. It should be said that he was a superstar throughout, aside from a smelly diaper episode. Meanwhile, for the first time in months, I decided to treat myself to a movie, so I went and saw Michael Clayton (A+), a movie Holly and Max already caught a couple of weeks ago. Popcorn and the whole bit. Ahhh.

When we all got home, we (aside from Max, who was cashed out from being so awesome all day) agreed that this was one of the best days in recent memory for sleep and for mixing baby time with personal time. Now we'll see what today holds - hopefully gaining the extra hour won't mess things up:)

No comments: