Friday, November 2, 2007

I guess it depends on your perspective . . .

I reached a new sartorial low today. Even if we went with my loose definition of "shabby mommy chic", this was bad. Really, really bad. I went to the Superstore in the following: blue and green horizontal striped pajama pants (John affectionately calls these my Dr. Seuss pajamas), a white Ontario Students Against Drunk Driving t-shirt that I got in Grade 11 (I'll let you imagine what a white 50-50 t-shirt with a skull on it looks like after 14 years of constant wear), an old hoodie, and my turquoise MEC fleece from second-year university that I just can't let go of. Did I mention that I went commando? Or that I was wearing John's size 10 black dress shoes because I could slip them on over my giant fuzzy socks? Or that my last shower was too many days ago to repeat in polite company?

Or maybe it was a new high because I really didn't care. Mr. Max wanted to go outside immediately and I didn't want him to cry for the five minutes it would have taken me to take him out of the sling and change. The priority was to get him outside and on the move. It was a great little trip! I was smiling at strangers like I wasn't dressed like a homeless clown wandering through Nestboro. We were on the prowl for great deals on Halloween candy and we totally scored.

So the next time you go out shopping and see some total freak with a sleeping baby in tow, please PLEASE keep me in mind, smile and keep walking.

No comments: