Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy as a clam. Or a baby under a diaper.

So I guess that a lot of things with babies are pretty random. Sleep times. Gurgly sounds. Ability to keep food down. And, in particular, moods. We're starting to see some trends with Max, but they mostly have to do with when he's happy. I suppose we kind of tune out the times he's unhappy. We know he's happy in the morning. He's sometimes happy after erupting from the bath. And, get this, he's happy under a diaper.

I kind of discovered this one by accident. We change Max on the floor of the nursery, usually, and sometimes, we have to bounce from the nursery to the bathroom to wet a facecloth for wiping his delicate unmentionables. Well, one day, I got the fresh diaper out and before racing off to wet the cloth, I kind of chucked it in his general direction. I say racing because when naked (and cold, I assume), Max can get a bit, well, chippy. When I got back, he was still quiet and seemed to be rubbing the vinyl-y side of the diaper. He seemed pleasantly distracted, but I get "pleasant" was a bit of a stretch because, at that time, he couldn't really show hapiness.

Well, now he can. It turns out that we can actually get him from bawling to smiling in less than 30 seconds with the diaper trick. Not always, but often enough that we're pretty sure he really likes the feel of fleece on his chest, the feel of the diaper in his hands and the scritchy sound of the diaper crinkling. The other day, I finally got some pictures - usually, I only post one at a time, but they're all so fun I can't really hold back!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a well-maintained site where people can learn about various topics. I am looking forward to read more blogs from here.

Geometrydashonline.net
Basketballlegendsgame.com