Wednesday, November 7, 2007

An anatomy lesson . . .

Today's post was originally going to be about Max's first immunizations and what a brave little boy he was for all three of his needles. Or maybe the first snowflakes that were falling when we walked back from the doctor's office. But something much more blog-worthy happened during his first diaper change after we got back.

I don't know it was the shock of the needles or the gargantuan 3 a.m. feed last night but Mr. Max had a VERY soiled diaper. While I was lifting him by the ankles to clean his bum, I noticed him start sputtering. There was liquid on his face. Yes, our dear readers, Max had indeed peed in his own face. He looked more stunned than anything and I think most of the pee went on his outfit and the change pad. I have to admit that I had a laughing fit. I'm sure that he doesn't actually have the brain capacity to understand the cause and effect of peeing when your bits are precariously close to your face but I will count on all of you to tell him this story when he is old enough to understand.

We hope your day is going well and you haven't managed to pee in your own face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy...and to think, people used to think it sucked being a girl.

Definite wedding fodder.

J.