Friday, July 9, 2010

Two quick Leo developments to report

Before getting back to June, I wanted to take a second to announce two pretty cool things Leo has accomplished in the past 24 hours.

1) Yesterday, I was wearing a shirt with a cityscape, a couple of kids, some fireflies and a bunny on it. I kept saying "bunny" and pointed to the bunny. Leo sometimes touched the bunny, but sometimes touched the boy. Many hours later in the early evening, Holly came home and I wanted to see what would happen. I said "bunny" and Leo went right for the bunny. Awesome. (admittedly, it was probably a boy/bunny coin-toss, but sometimes the coin comes up heads...)

2) This morning, I was carrying Leo and put him down on the ground. He's become quite adept at standing unassisted for a few seconds before sitting down and he assumed a standing position this morning. Then, he moved his right foot forward. Not shuffled, moved. Then he sat down. The walking watch is now officially on.

1 comment:

kath said...

okay, that outfit is hilarious!