Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Olympic hangover

I don't know about the rest of you but we are experiencing some serious Olympic withdrawal around here. Yesterday was OK because they were still showing highlights of Sid the Kid and the closing ceremonies but today is just a wasteland. Nothing. Nada. No chants of "Lu! Lu! Lu!" No platinum medals for Evgeny. No shots of crying parents, girlfriends, brothers, etc. No Norwegian curling pants or Russian Ice Dance outfits to mock. No short-track dust-ups. No "O Canada" playing all the time. What a Games it was though! We had a blast watching them and I am so very, very proud of our athletes. They were AMAZING. They may not have owned the podium on all three tiers but they were golden more times that any other group of athletes in Winter Olympic history and that is something to sing about.

At least we have these two cuties to tide us over until London 2012:




p.s. A note to Max and Leo if you are reading this in the future: Please forgive Mummy for dressing you in matching outfits. I know that it is cruel and unfair but I couldn't resist! Hopefully you will forgive me given that it was the Olympics and they were here in your own country. I can't promise that it won't happen again but I will try to keep it to a minimum.

1 comment:

girlstuckinacube said...

Seriously. The two cutest kids ever.