Monday, June 9, 2008

Nine months . . .

To my dearest Max,

Happy nine month birthday, my boy. Apparently, nines are going to be lucky in your life so we should take every chance to celebrate them. It is so hard to believe that you have been "out" for almost as long as you were "in". It seems like the nine months that you were "in" went so much slower than these last nine months, even though everyone was so anxious to meet you. Sometimes, I have a hard time remembering what life was like before you came into this world.

For all of the times in the very early days when I cursed and wished for the time to pass and you to get a bit bigger so your dad and I could get some of our sanity back, I'm wishing for the reverse these days. You are such a joy to be around. I am really enjoying your company as we embark on our daily adventures.

You are doing so many wild and wonderful things, from adventure crawling everywhere to sticking your tongue out to soothing yourself back to sleep at night. I can actually see your little gears turning these days as you learn and adapt to new situations. You are learning to feed yourself and I love how much you have learned in only two attempts. You are standing for prolonged periods. It is crazy to think that you might be walking near the end of the summer.

Although I am very much looking forward to our late summer time and adventures with your crazy dad, it makes me sad to think that I only have six more weeks of just you and me time. I am going to try my best not to dwell on the days that I lost with you early on when this motherhood thing hit me like a Mack truck and really enjoy this summer with you.

I love you oceans, Max Julian Stardom. My heart is full of love and you are the most important person in my life. Just don't tell your dad, OK?

Love and hugs,
Mum

1 comment:

Donna said...

i'm such a sucker for these letters. *sniff, sniff*