Monday, June 9, 2008

Blah blah blah zzz?

Friday night, Max was in the midst of his first night of warm awakeness - I had to take him for an 11:00 walk around the neighbourhood and he even managed to stay awake for 45 minutes of that. After we got back, I was somehow able to pry him out of the sling and get him into his crib without waking him up. 20 minutes later though: loud crying. I told Holly "Forget it! I am not going back in there - he can figure this one out". Not our standard approach. I actually felt kind of mean. But there we were in bed, listening. I wish I had a sound recording, but this will have to do:
"HIC HIC HIC...WAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (Pause)
"HIC HIC...WAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (Pause)
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (Long pause)
"HIC HIC HIC HIC...WAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (Pause)
"HIC HIC HIC...WAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (Pause)
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (Pause)
"HIC HIC HIC...WAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (Pause)
"BLAH BLah Blah blah..."

Silence.

This baby does not get himself back to sleep on his own. Ever. So to hear him shift from 60 to 0 via self-babbling was pretty awesome. He didn't get up again until sunrise. Sometimes he amazes me. Like all the time.

No comments: