Sunday, May 25, 2008

When moms get really tired

So one night last week, I had to stay late at work. I called home a little after 6 to let Holly know I was on my way. No answer. I thought it was strange, but she said she had to go get some groceries so I figured she was out. I got home at about 6:45 and nobody was on the main floor. This usually means Holly is in the basement feeding Max, so I went down but found nobody there. The Maxmobile was in the driveway so I knew they were home. The only remaining explanation was that Holly was upstairs. With Max? Sleeping? 7 is feeding time - especially because he needs to head back to bed at about 8:30 or so. I got upstairs and found this:

Holly eventually woke up SUPER groggy and asked what time it was. I said 7. She said "at night?" Oh boy. Apparently, they went to bed at 4:45 (!!) and at some point Max woke up and Holly checked the clock, thought it was morning, wanted to keep Max from waking me up and told Max "Shhh! It's still too early, you can't get up yet." and fed him back to sleep...meanwhile it was about 6 p.m.. Needless to say, Holly had to catch up on some sleep. She's better now.

No comments: