Sunday, May 4, 2008

May showers

It's raining. Again. Max and I had a nice morning walk in the rain yesterday morning prior to his weekly half hour of torture (a.k.a. parent & tot swim class) so I don't really feel up to dragging him out for more cool drizzliness this morning.

Poor guy - it seems that he takes after his dad when it comes to being submerged underwater. We got to sing The Grand Old Duke of York and everytime we were to put the babies in the down position, we were to put them as far down as we felt comfortable. Well, I dunked him a few times. I'd never really seen that look on his face before. It was like the ultimate in confusion. After the submersions, it was lifejacket time. More like straightjacket time. Hatred. I don't know if he'll ever get used to this swimming thing. I sure hope so. For now it just feels like we're paying to make him cry on a regular basis. Imagine if all the baby activities did this? If every play group and reading circle and strollercise class was just a bunch of screaming babies? That would make me feel better about the pool:)

Holly might be able to make it next week so hopefully we'll snap some pictures.

No comments: