Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Max Stardom, Dietician in Training

A few weeks ago, Max and I went on a grocery shopping trip. As we were walking the aisles, we had this conversation:

Me: (walking by a massive display of sale-price Oreos) Oh MAN.
Max: Mama, why you say “Oh MAN”?
Me: Because I really want to buy those Oreos.
Max: That’s sugary junk.

I kid you not. He didn’t even blink or pause before hitting me with that one. Awesome. We have Robert Munsch and this story to thank for that gem. The book is one of Max’s favourites and in it, the father chides his daughter for picking out “sugary junk” while grocery shopping. After reading that book umpteen times to Max, I guess it was my turn to get chided! I do love that he was able to make the connection with the treats in the book and the towering cookie display in real life.

I also like to think that we must be doing something right in teaching Max about healthy eating. This is the lunch that Max helped John make today:


He also enjoys sautéed kale on his pizza:


Now if we can just get him to sit and eat some dinner a few days in a row . . .

1 comment:

kath said...

I am totally jealous of his plate. It's awesome!!!! sauteed kale on pizza - yum!