Wednesday, June 10, 2009

California Dreamin'

I think this is the first time I have mentioned it on the blog but I was in San Francisco this past weekend (Thursday to Monday) with my mum and my three aunts for an impromptu getaway. We had to keep radio silence because it was a surprise for my mum's birthday. I have so many more stories, photos and videos (Auntie Karen in a "hula chair"!) to post but I thought I would start with this quick photo that I only have on email:


It's a bit grainy because it was taken on my Auntie Melody's Blackberry so it could be emailed right away. You are not dreaming; those are indeed matching t-shirts! My very crafty Auntie Jan made the t-shirts herself. The background is a picture of G-Don's old travelling suitcase and the flags are all the places that my mum and Aunties have travelled together and the years. The tagline is "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Aunts" - courtesy of Auntie Jan's very clever colleague. My cousin Krysta was in Mexico, my sister Laramie was in Greece and I was in San Francisco. They did Tuscany on their own last year with no second-generation Ya-Yas in tow. We've decided that my t-shirt is the honourary second generation t-shirt so we'll get some photos of Laramie and Krysta in it too.

We got tons and tons of compliments on our t-shirts throughout the day. It was a bit of a crazy day of touring (Chinatown, the Golden Gate Bridge and Haight-Ashbury) so plenty of people had the chance to admire our shirts.

More San Fran adventures to follow! John will also be posting shortly about his awesome weekend with Max and we'll link to a blog entry that Kerry wrote about her successful overnight stint with Mr. Max while both John and I were away.

1 comment:

kath said...

Thank god you weren't wearing red & purple hats! I can handle the t-shirts!
Much love to mommy on her birthday - what a great surprise!
Love Kath