Saturday, October 20, 2007

Random Daddy Thoughts, part 1

Ok, random thought number 1 is: given how randomly I've been thinking lately, I wonder how many parts this will eventually get to. Today I'm just going to jot down a little list of the things I'm going to miss about Max as he develops.

*I'll lament his slimness getting lost in folds and rolls. Already, it's disappearing; his feeding prowess have granted him chubbier cheeks and thicker thighs (but still hasn't totally disposed of his rower legs). I'll throw little feet and litle hands on the list too.

*The day he no longer does his little Moro reflex, I'll be pretty sad. When he first threw his arms in the air in surprise on day 1, I thought my little boy was already a krumping mastermind (google it/Youtube it if you don't know...), but he doesn't seem to have expanded his repertoire and Lil' C isn't calling me up.

*Despite the fact that they always come attached to his crying jags, his open-eyed, jut-out-my-recessed-chin pouty faces are second-to-none.

*In complete denial, I don't believe his hiccuping will ever change.

*I'll really miss my evening routine of taking him for a good walk just before his sleep time. I'll always be able to take him for a walk, but his size will change how I have to wear him and the weather will make going out more of a production. The hour-long walks after coming home from work have been quality bonding time (or at least I think so).

*I don't know for sure yet, but I have a feeling that I'll miss his not being able to scoot around at all.

*Finally, I do know that I'll miss bathtimes in the sink - the way he screams when he gets naked, screams louder when his toe touches the water, and then completely calms down as he starts to soak. Man, he loves that warm water. A little curious about shampoo, but the cup-of-warm-water head rinse? Like Yello once said: Oooooooh yeeeeeeaaaaah.

Despite the fact that I'll miss all of these things, I look forward to all of Max's little (and big) developments over the next while. Just recently, he started smiling a bit. Swoon. This little guy's just going to have my heart in his hands the whole way, isn't he?

1 comment:

Kath said...

Smitten
Smitten Daddy
Smitten Mummy
Smitten Baby
and best of all ... Smitten QueenB

xo
Kath