Sunday, November 1, 2009

Needles for everyone! Leo rolls over! Holly gets busted!

It was a crazy weekend around here (Halloween!!!) and we have much to blog about as per usual. John is out with Kerry at a Jay-Z concert and I should get to bed promptly in case the time change interferes with the sleep of either child so a link and a few tidbits will have to do for now.

John, Max and I all got our H1N1 vaccinations on Friday (Leo is too little). Kerry wrote a most excellent post on her blog about our experience from start to finish. Check out the story and photos.

One minor correction to Kerry's post - Max is actually high priority on his own as a child six months to six years. Of course, he is also a household contact for Leo so I guess he is doubly high priority! I totally agree with Kerry that the City of Ottawa staff at the clinic did a most excellent job. Shout outs to Dale, giver of wristbands, for his great demeanour in the face of many frustrated and cold people.

Big, big, BIG thanks to Kerry for getting us into line on time, hanging out with us, and just general awesomeness. It was a big relief to get the shots done with the possible shortage of vaccine supply this coming week and more and more stories of co-workers, friends of friends, etc. getting the flu. Friends like Ker are real treasures.

In other news, Leo rolled over on Thursday. I put him down on a blanket on the floor and was talking to my mum on the phone and he just did it. Wild! We had never seen him so much as lean over onto his side so to see him go completely over and get his one arm out from under him was pretty cool. He hasn't attempted anything since so John is a bit skeptical but it really happened. I can't believe that he will be four months old on Tuesday. It is definitely a cliché but time really does fly!

One other tidbit before bed - I got totally and completely busted earlier today. Lately, I have been trying a little trick to get Max to do things. I give him a choice between two things I want him to do or eat or put away. It seems to have been working as he feels like he is choosing and doing something he wants to do. Until today. We had this conversation post-nap this afternoon.

Me: "Max, would you like a banana or an apple?"
Max. "Chocolate. BIG chocolate, please."

It was really, really hard to suppress a fit of the giggles. I gave him a little piece of chocolate and he eventually ate some avocado and watermelon. Still no banana or apple but I can live with that. He is a smart little cookie.

No comments: