Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, G-Don

I know this blog is about Max but I wanted to send a little birthday shout out to my Grampa Don (known to all as G-Don). G-Don is 85 years young today.

Max, Grampa and I had a lovely meal this morning at our new family breakfast haunt, Kristy's, and then a nice drive around the city with Lawrence Welk playing on the CD player.

I feel incredibly lucky and blessed to have both of my grampas in my life. I know lots of people my age who don't have any grandparents left or who never had living grandparents. It is a real pleasure to see Max interacting with my grampas and seeing the delight that everyone takes in each other's company. Four generations of one family in the same city is definitely something to cherish.

Happy Birthday, Grampa. We love you, you ornery old coot.

No comments: